Friday, January 30, 2009

Obama...inaugural address

This article convicted me to the core, because I actually did not get to watch the inaugural address!!! I was in class!!! I feel like a bad American.
Well, after reading the article and the opinion of Gerson, it sounds like it wasn't quite as inspiring as maybe...Abraham Lincoln (my favorite president by the way) but that it was a good next-step, realistic, focusing speech for America. And maybe that's what we need right now...speaking of good speeches, I saved the little cardboard that wraps around Starbucks coffee (is there a name for this?) just because it had a quote from Abraham Lincoln on it...i told you, he is my favorite ever. In fact, it says here that this was taken from HIS inaugural address, how fitting:

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds (ooo. nice metaphor), to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations..." President Abraham Lincoln, March 4, 1865, Inaugural Address

amen to that.

No comments: